Monday, July 8, 2013

The Cantaloupe Went Splat

Adam age 9...


One day while Adam was getting ready for school, a commercial came on TV that had some beautiful classical music on it.  I was surprised to hear Adam humming right along with it, note for note, all the way through!  I was thinking, wow, his music teacher is doing a wonderful job introducing him to the classics. I said,"Adam, you are very familiar with that music, aren't you?"  "I sure am", he answered. "You know it's a classic", I offered   "Definitely a classic", he responded.  "And you learned this in music class?" I said, my school pride swelling to the size of a cantaloupe in my chest.  "No," he said, "It's the theme music to Earthworm Jim, that video game we rented."  Splat (that was the cantaloupe).
Adam today, age 26

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I remember that was the moonlight sonata by Beethoven. Indeed, a classic :)

    ReplyDelete