Friday, June 21, 2013

Love Me, Love My Postcards!

I just love old postcards and I have a huge collection of them.  I am not really collecting them anymore because I figure I have enough (over 300).  Now I am scanning my favorites so I can share them.  I especially love postcards of Dutch children!


See the little word "Marken" at the top of the postcard?  Marken is a peninsula off the Northern coast of Holland.  It used to be an island but they made it into a peninsula--that sounds like a lot of work!  They are somewhat isolated from the mainland and still have the traditional clothing and customs of years ago. 

How is this for a great peek inside a vintage Dutch home?  I like the old Dutch bed closet!

I keep this card on a little stand in the living room.

This is an advertising postcard






This is a style of men's pants that just never caught on elsewhere.  I guess bellbottom pants would be the opposite of these.  Look closely and you will see the little girl is holding a bubble pipe.



This reminds me of the Disney movie,
"Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates".


1 comment:

  1. I love you and your postcards!!! Darling Dutch kids. I wish Oma could see.

    Now we get to see your postcards again!! Great way to show some, Chris.

    I love this blog!! I'm so glad Janet pushed you into it. It's great getting fun postings every day!!!

    ReplyDelete