Thursday, June 27, 2013

Madame Alexander Dolls


I found out I don't have to actually collect dolls to enjoy them.  I just collect pictures of them off the Internet for free!

I do have four of them now and I consider my collection complete.  One of them I bought in 1956 for $5.00.  Of course I played with her, washed her dress, ironed it, played with her hair and slept with her.  However, if I had left her in her box and didn't touch her, she would be worth $675.00 today!  But what kind of life is that for such a sweet doll?  

My 1956 doll is in the yellow-green pinafore.  The Irish doll behind her was given to me by my sister, Janet Blair.   I bought the Dutch doll at the Webster Flea Market and I ordered the doll
 with the green & pink sundress on line.
This is what my doll looked like brand new.

I found all the rest of these dolls on line at www.liasargent.com







I have always loved the bride dolls.  My friend Martha Ramsey's mother used to sew dresses (even bride dresses) for her Madame Alexander dolls!





No comments:

Post a Comment